Sunday 29 March 2015

The Spectrum Show 39

Welcome to Episode 39 of The Spectrum Show.

This episode we get all the news and top selling games from April 1986.

I put the RAMWRITE / RAMPRINT interface through its paces.

I review Dungeons,  Buck Rogers and Penetrator.

I take alook at a new game, Sunbucket.

There is the usual type-in-corner, Playing Tips and Demo of the Month.

The end of series special is in the making, and has been for a while now, its hopefully going to be great, but it is a lot of hard work.

I am also starting to plan the next series... but I think I will take a break after this one!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great episode! Always enjoy TSS and I will now get my RAMPrint out and play with it.
Any chance you can make Dungeons available?

Mousey said...

Stomper is based on the arcade game Check Man:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_Man

But what I find interesting is that it predates the first commercial clone that appeared on the Speccy, called Timebomb:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0005285

Great type-in find; I love that you feature these games that otherwise would be lost or forgotten forever. Although, for some of them, that might not be a bad thing!

Paul (Random Kak) said...

Thanks Mousey. Sadly it looks like the next series will not have the type-in section. Still not got enough for every episode!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Dcreators