Sunday 2 October 2011

Booty - PC

Booty was originally released by Firebird Software and written by John F Cain in 1984 for the ZX Spectrum computer.

The remake remains faithful to the original, having the same room layouts, platforms and nasties to negotiate.



The graphics have been re-drawn, sound effects added and yes, that awful music if still awful !

The game is set on a pirate ship called the Black Galleon which has 20 holds full of booty. Playing the part of Jim the cabin boy, you must search the ship and collect 125 pieces of booty before you can escape.

Once the 125 pieces have been collected, a golden key will be placed somewhere in one of the holds. Collecting this key will allow Jim to escape with the booty. Jim only has 60 seconds to find the key though, so be quick.

Booty was written using Blitz Basic, so should work fine on new PCs.

*NEW 1.05 version*

Download
Download 1.05

Video




3 comments:

Rob Hazelby said...

I remember the first time I saw the sunset shimmering on that animated water on the Spectrum version. My jaw dropped. This as the most amazing graphics routine I'd ever seen on my Speccy.

Even now the animation of the title screen makes me smile.

RoyBoy said...

Great game takes me to my younger days. Music does not play though I get footstep sound OK? Any chance of game pad update or music fix?

(Microsoft windows 10 Pro 64 bit)

Unknown said...

Hello I am trying to get in contact with John F Cain as I believe he lives in the Isle of Man. Can you please let me know any groups that may have his contact details/ best wishes, Anthea Young antheafuchsia@gmail.com

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Dcreators